Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's been a WHILE...



I can't believe that I have let my blog sit without updating for SOOOOO long.  I know Lissa must be so disappointed in me after she has put so much time into the cute layout.  I'm sorry, Lissa!!  This has been a tough year for us in many ways.  I won't go into details, but I would appreciate prayers.

This year has also been full of happy things.  Andrew started dating a precious young lady.  As soon as I talk to her to get her permission, I will post a picture of the two of them.  She is such a sweetheart.  The two of them are so funny to watch together, because they are two clowns.  My family loves to have fun and pick on each other unmercifully.  She can hang right with us. :o)  Continuing with Andrew, he took the SAT for the first time in June.  He made an 1150 on the math and reading portions.  YAY!  He took it again in November and came out with an 1180.  He wants to take it again to see if he can squeeze 20 more points out of it.  He turned 18 in October.

Laura has just turned 16 years old.  Where have those years gone?!  She has become a beautiful young lady.  She started running on the cross country team.  She struggled in the beginning but improved so much.  She is talking about going out for the track team in the spring.  She is looking forward to the cross country in the fall.

Emily is 9 years old now.  She is doing well in school.  Her reading ability has gone through the roof.  She is reading on a 7th grade level and loves it.  Thank you God for answering that prayer!  We are now working on multiplication tables.  This may be the death of me!  I don't remember it being this hard for Andrew & Laura.  Her teacher says she has to know them all by the end of the year.  Lord, help us on this one.  If anyone has anything suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Jacob is loving 1st grade.  He is 7 years old.  He is doing well.  He is always smiling.  You can tell he is up to something by that mischievous grin he has.  He loves telling me all about the races they have at school during P.E. and recess.

Rebekah started school this year.  She has always been super shy, so I was very worried about how she would adjust.  She had a hard time to begin with, because she doesn't like attention directed at her.  She is now doing well.  She is doing well with her sight words and know most if not all of them each week.  She will be 6 years old in a few weeks.  Our "baby" girl is no longer a baby.

Luke also started school this year.  He turned 4 years old in June.  He is in Pre-K.  He loves going to school.  He is still as mischievous as ever.  He is doing well in school.  He keeps asking me about doing sight words, so I may start him on them soon.  You know I didn't get rid of all my good homeschooling stuff. :o)

Jonathan has had to adjust to not having his brothers and sisters at home with him during the day.  He is 3 years old and into EVERYTHING.  Luke has taught him well.  You can definitely tell he is the baby of the family.  He usually flashes his smile at Laura and gets out of trouble.  I have enjoyed having the time with him.  He has to do his "schoolwork" some days at his request.  He loves sorting things.

Mike and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary in June.  We have been together for 20 years total.  We took a much needed weekend trip in October to Charleston, SC.  We had a wonderful time reconnecting and hope to do it again soon.  I have discovered that I love the Charleston area.  We are planning a family trip to the mountains in the spring.  We have already rented the cabin.  We are so excited!!

I hope this finds you all well.  Hopefully I haven't bored you to death with an update on the Hillians.  I am planning to be more active with my blogging.  Praying you all had a wonderful Christmas.  Love ya bunches!

fall_sig

2 comments:

Joyful_Momma said...

:)Glad to hear you and yours are well.

Iva said...

I think it's been a rough year for a lot of people. But God is faithful and He will see us all through.