Friday, February 10, 2012

What I have been up to this morning...

A few years ago, Mike and one of his friends made me a built in storage cabinet when they were replacing our inside a/c unit.  It has become the game cabinet and has bugged me with its disorganized look.  The kids would just throw the games in there, and it looked horrible.  So this morning, I thought I would do something about it.  Now I forgot to take a picture before I cleared out the bottom shelf, but I will just say that it was worse than the middle shelf.  Here are the before pics.



And here is the finished project....

Well, almost finished.  I haven't tackle the top shelf b/c it holds tempra paints, playdough, etc.  Those are things I don't want to have down all at one time when Luke and Jonathan are running around the house.  I will finish it when they take a nap.

What I learned from this project is that we had 3 copies of Monopoly, 2 copies of Monopoly Junior, 2 copies of Sorry!, and I lost count on the number of Memory games we had.  I went through those games and only kept the two with all the cards. :o)  I will be getting rid of the multiple copies of the other games.  The only game I kept 2 copies of would be chess, b/c there are times when there are two games of chess going.  I already had the storage containers and thought they would help keep the games neater.  Let's hope the kids will help out with that idea.

What will my next project be?! Hmmmmm...


fall_sig

No comments: