Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Where to begin...

I guess I should get the hard stuff over with first.  To many others surprise, I put the kiddos back into public school last week.  Andrew told me the Thursday night that Claxton started back to school that he wanted to go back to school.  It floored me and at first I said no.  Then reality hit and I knew I couldn't do it anymore.  Last year was really hard for us.  We got lazy and slacked A LOT.  I don't need your judgement, because I feel bad enough about it as it is.  No, I wasn't ready to just get rid of most of my kids for several hours during the day.  It was just time.  It has just gotten to be too much.  To make a long story short, Andrew & Laura are in Claxton.  Emi & Jacob are in Collins.  I do ask for your prayers during this transition time.

On to something that I know you all will find funny, even though I was almost in tears at the time.  Lukey went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.  He decided he would put the stopper in the drain.  He had turned the water on but couldn't turn it off.  Needless to say, the sink overflowed into the floor.  For once, I was caught up on Mt. Washmore, so there were no dirty towels.  We had to use almost all of the CLEAN towels to mop up all the water.  When I took the towels to the laundry room to get them ready to tomorrow morning, I found that my dear little Lukey had been playing in there at some point while I was helping Emi with her homework.  He had busted open a Tide Stain Release duopac and put it in the fabric softner dispenser!!!  Lissa, Jane, and Michelle, get up off the floor and stop laughing.  Remember, I was almost in tears at this point.  Andrew was a sweet young man and got Lukey to sleep for me tonight.  Thank you Andrew!  Once again, you have come to my rescue!

Please say a prayer for Laura.  She wasn't feeling well when she got home from church tonight.  She said she was nauseated.  I hope it is just nerves of the adjustment.  I pray it isn't the stomach virus that has been going around.  I am hoping she will feel better tomorrow morning. 

Maybe I will take the time to post more.  Then again... Lukey may have other plans for my time.  Love y'all bunches!
fall_sig

1 comment:

Goin_Coastal said...

First of all.... BAHAHAHAHAHAH! Murphy's law prevented you from having dirty towels to clean up the mess... Oh, Lord!

Second ~ I could never pass judgement. You have some of the most amazing kids I've ever had the pleasure of being around. You've done everything right. No matter. Prayers your way during the adjustment period, but know God will get you through it, and be better "Hillians" on the other side. Love ya'll!