Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Jonathan!!

It has been a year already!  I just can't believe that my "forever baby" is a year old now.  It really does seem like yesterday that I was holding him in my arms for the first time.  Now, he is beginning to prefer Daddy's arms over Mommy's arm.  I do love the excitement in his eyes when he sees his Daddy, but it breaks my heart too.  I'm still not ready to say goodbye to my baby days. :o( 

Jonathan decided to make his grand entrance a little earlier than we had planned.  Thank God we were already at the hospital for a scheduled induction when he decided he wanted out.  He was born at 5:56am after only 1 1/2 hours of labor. YAY!  I'm so thankful Dr. Palmer put me in the hospital the night before we were to start the induction around 8am.  Couldn't you just see Mike scrambling around trying to get me to the hospital if I had gone into labor at home?! 

Jonathan, you have been such an easy baby.  I love the way your face lights up when you see us coming to get you from bed.  I love the way you like to snuggle up in bed with us some nights.  I think I see a hint of mischief in your eyes just like Daddy, Andrew, Jacob, and especially Luke.  You look so much like Granddaddy and Uncle Marty's baby pictures.  I pray you follow in God's plan for your life.  I look forward to a lifetime of memories with you.

Happy Birthday Little Man!!


fall_sig

No comments: