Thursday, October 7, 2010

My coupon binder

I have been asked several times about how I organize my coupons, so I thought I would share some pics and explain.  Now this system does work well for me, but you will have to decide what will work best for you.  My current binder is a Heavy Duty 3" binder.  As you can tell from this picture, it is FULL!  I will be upgrading to a bigger, better binder soon.  I take this with me whenever I go shopping.  I keep a copy of the corporate phone numbers to the stores just in case I have problems.  Thanks Tracy Cody for the list!!  


I do try to pull my coupons that I know I'm going to use and put them in the little plastic pencil bag.  I found these on clearance at Walmart.  It has a little pocket on the front that is perfect for my store loyalty card.  I also put my shopping list in there just in case I am in a hurry and decide I only have time to grab the things on that list.

I bought the plastic dividers to hold my weekly ads, store coupon policies, etc.  I have the labeled by the stores.  There are pockets on each side of the divider.  If I have a raincheck for an item, I keep that weekly ad in the back pocket just in case there is a question. 

I keep my coupons in 9 pocket baseball card pages.  I do need to pick up some 4 pocket photo pages for the bigger coupons.  I also keep some of these pages behind the store dividers to hold store coupons.  Some couponers just have a section in the back for all store coupons.  I have my coupons divided into the following coupons:
*Baby
*Toiletries- This holds hair care, makeup, soaps, razors, etc. I will be breaking down this category when I get some time.
*Medicine/vitamins
*Cleaners
*Paper/plastic
*Boxes Meals- This also holds pastas, rices, etc.
*Frozen foods- This also holds any cold items- yogurts, cheeses, etc.
*Cereal
*Meats
*Snacks
*Tea/coffee/juice
*Cans/jars/bottles
*Spice/seasoning
*Misc.
*Restaurants
*Pet supplies

I really hope this helps out.  Just remember that what works for me may not work for you.  Don't force yourself to follow a system that doesn't work, because you will become frustrated and quit.  If you have questions, just ask.  Happy Couponing!  Love ya bunches!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Julie_3 said...

Char,
Our minds run so closely along the lines here that it is scary! :o)
I have almost the same setup in a zipper binder so that my coupons don't fall out and it has a strap on it like a purse.... Girl, we are too funny! Who would have thunk 20 years ago that we would be clippin coupons and making a hobby of saving bucks?

Love and miss you guys bunches!!!

mhsands said...

Looks like a great Christmas present for your favorite SIL!