Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Do things ever slow down?!

I am ready to run away with Mike for a few days just to slow down.  Sunday was church, then home to do the coupon clippin'.  Monday, Andrew had to be in the 'Boro to start his driving for Driver's Education.  I had 3 hours to waste.  I think I would have much rather curled up in the back seat of the van and took a nap, than to walk around Walmart.  Now that I can find most of my stuff cheaper at other places, I really don't have much to get at the great WallyWorld.  I think it took only 15 minutes to get everything I need there... that includes the time it took to find everything since the store reset.  I came home to the kids being at Papa & Grandma's.  I did manage to sit with them a couple hours while the kids played outside.  Then it was time to go home to start supper... or so I thought.  Sarah called me from CVS to say they have marked some stuff down to 75% off.... 3 bookcases (2 shelf), 2 storage cubes, candy that I will use for Operation Christmas Child, snack items, and we can't forget the 6 bottles of Revlon nail polish that was on sale for $3.99, get $3 ECBs (had $1 off coupons, so they were FREE).  I got everything for $19.04, and saved $141.53.
Tuesday morning was back to the 'Boro for Andrew's second (and last) driving lesson, if you want to call it that.  He has been driving FOREVER, so this was just trying to meet the requirements to get his license in a few weeks.  I took JJ with me to spend some time with him.  We went to Walmart to walk around.  I was trying to get ideas for his Christmas.  Then we went to BiLo to pick up my Mueller's pasta that they ordered for me to cover my rainchecks from a few weeks back.  I bought 50 boxes of Mueller's pasta (8 oz), 2 reuseable shopping bags, 2 Dixie Crystal sugar (4 lb), and a drink for JJ.  I paid less than $9, and I saved $40something.  I don't have my receipt in front of me.  JJ and I then had time to run into RiteAid to purchase the new Karate Kid movie.... for which I paid $5 something.  It was time to pick up Andrew by that time.
We hurried home, ate lunch, then it was time for me to make supper.  Laura, Sarah, and I were going to Savannah to the Savvy Shopper class.  Yes, I went again!  There is always something new to learn.  Great job tonight, Michelle!  After class, Sarah wanted to find a binder and holders for her coupons, so we went to Target.  Then I wanted to see if the Largo Publix was where I thought it was, so we went shopping there.  Next was Kroger.  By that time, we were all STARVING.  We grabbed supper at McD's. I had to stop at Walmart to get Powerades.  I bought 54 Powerades (32 oz) for $18.13.  Gotta love those 75 cents off 2 coupons. :o)
I am completely exhausted now.  I really don't like weeks where I run, run, run.  I much prefer the weeks that I don't leave home.  Having to change out of my pj's... I mean work/school uniforms... is for the birds! 
Now I am off here to go catch about a two hour nap, then it will be time to start my day... with a BIG pot of coffee.  If you have to talk to me at some point today, just remember that there is not enough coffee in this world to make me perky.  I will rise, but I will probably refuse to shine.  Sorry if that isn't very nice, but it is the way it is sometimes.  In the end, it is all worth it a million times over. :o)  Love ya bunches!
Photobucket

No comments: