Monday, October 11, 2010

Another week over...

This was a busy week/weekend.  Mike worked 4am to 4pm most of the week.  I think he was only off Thursday.  This meant our time together was very little.  We did manage to squeeze in grocery trips on Thursday and Saturday.  He actually just met me at Publix Saturday about the time I was ready to check out.... which was a blessing because I was there alone with the five little ones.  Luke had already had multiple meltdowns, because he wanted out of the stroller.  There was no way I could keep up with him being out of the stroller.

Andrew and Laura found out Thursday afternoon that they were going on the youth trips this weekend.  The girls were going to a cabin in Cleveland, GA.  The guys were going camping somewhere... 5 hours away.  Needless to say, I didn't get to use the washer and dryer Friday.  I know they were excited for the time away with friends again.  Ken Seiber, our youth pastor, assured me there would be minimal bled loss for Andrew.  Those two love to aggrivate each other.  Laura said the girls are going shopping tomorrow.  I'm guessing it will be on the way home.  I do miss them, especially with Mike being gone most of the weekend as well.  How does that always happen?!  Andrew and Laura's trips usually fall during the times that Mike is scheduled to work the most.  Hmmm... I'm thinking I need to have a little chat w/ Mike and Ken. :o)
I haven't had to answer, "Where's Bubba? Where's WahWah?" from Luke as much as I thought I would.  He told me that they were "in town."  Laura got smart this time and locked her door when she left.  Lukey has a habit on getting into her things when she isn't home.  He loves to paint his FEET with her nail polish.  The only time the door has been unlocked was when I went in to get towels from her basket.  Luke saw the door open and came running.  He stopped as soon as he realized I was in there.  I made sure I locked the door back.  I heard him rattling the knob a while later.

Emi, JJ, and Bekah have been my "big helpers" this weekend.  Emi told me that since Andrew and Laura were gone, she would be my right and left hands.  As I said earlier, we went to Savannah to do some grocery shopping.  I pushed the cart, Emi pushed Jonathan in the big stroller, JJ pushed Lukey in the umbrella stroller, and Bekah followed along.  I do love Publix!  We bumped into Michelle from Savannah Savvy Shopper while we were in there.  She came back in after finishing her shopping to see us.  Now she has met all the Hillians except Andrew.  Thank God Luke wasn't melting down at that point, but he did about 2 minutes after she left.  LOL  Thanks Michelle for sharing your shopping wisdom.  You are doing an excellent job!

The kids and I made cookies this afternoon.  Okay, so we didn't mix them up.  I bought the Pillsbury holiday cookie dough yesterday.  But the end result was the same... VERY excited little ones.  The simple things make them to happiest, and I am very thankful that I get to share in these times.  I can't imagine not being with them like I am.  Yes, it is hard work, but what a blessing!!

Jonathan is getting faster with his crawling.  If he has something he shouldn't have and you call his name, he takes off under the table.  I think Luke has been mentoring him.  Lord, please help us all if that is the case!  I can't believe he will be a year old next month.  He is such a good baby.

Well, I think I am going to bed.  I should've cut coupons, but I would HATE for Laura to miss out on that fun.  I think I will save them for us to work on together.  hehehe
Love ya bunches!

No comments: