Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One down, one hundred seventy-nine more to go...

No, I'm not counting down the days until summer break!  What gave you that crazy idea?!  We survived our first day of the 2010-2011 school year.  Believe me when I say that it was a MAJOR accomplishment.  I felt horrible yesterday but knew I really needed to get things started.  Of course, my little ones were NOT excited about getting up earlier, especially when we slept in last week until 10ish each morning.  Hey, don't look at me like that... we were sick!!  Luke didn't want to go to bed Sunday night because he had taken a very late nap that afternoon.  But it was either he took a nap then or I was going to pinch his cute little head off.  Now you know I would never actually do it, but he was really pushing my buttons.  I think he finally went to sleep after 12:30am.  He really didn't want to get up yesterday morning, but I made him.  He was quite ill for about an hour, then he settle into his regular routine of tormenting the rest of the family.  It didn't take him long to fall asleep for his nap after lunch, and he was a little easier to go to bed last night.
The day went much smoother than I had thought it would.  I know that as the year progresses, it will be a little harder to juggle all the different subjects.  I will just have to find the routine that works for me that week. :o)  Yes, our routine constantly changes with the needs of the kiddos.  What works this week may not work next week.  We are a family of 7 kids, so things are never really routine.  Yeah, I know the school systems have set schedules, but they also have their kiddos divided up into specific age/grade groups.  No grouping here! 
As I am typing this, we are in the middle of our second day.  Emi, JJ, Bekah, and Luke are sitting at one of their little tables playing with the Unifix counting cubes.  They are making patterns, pyramids, and Lukey made a gun (10 or so blue cubes with a red one on the end.)  Andrew is working on Algebra 2 and Laura has just finished up her history.  Jonathan is playing on the floor.  I love my life!!!
I pray you all have a wonderfully blessed day.  Love ya bunches!
Photobucket

No comments: