Thursday, August 19, 2010

Midweek update

At 7am, my phone was ringing.  I am NOT a morning person, and I don't really like starting the day off that early with a ringing phone.  I was awake, but I was still in bed about to nurse Jonathan.  It was my goodlooking hubby calling to inform me that he needed me to pick him up from work at 11am.  He had a flat tire on his way to work and didn't want to change the tire in the dark.  One of his friends was 10 mins behind him, so he picked him up.  So I was off to SAV by 10ish. 
What an experience we had changing that tire!  We unloaded most of the stuff in his trunk to get to the jack and spare tire.  He got the car jacked up and the tire off.  Now remember that it is now noon-ish on I-16 near SAV.  Well apparently the truckers have forgotten that you should move over to the other lane when there is a car beside the road, b/c they kept zooming by right beside us shaking the car and van.... knocking the car OFF THE JACK!!!  Thank you God for Mike not having his hands around the tire.  He jacked the car back up and placed the flat tire under the car so if it fell again, it wouldn't hit the ground.  Guess what!  It fell AGAIN after 3 semis came flying by without moving over.  After that, Mike got the jack out of the van and finished without more complications.  Then it was off to WallyWorld to buy new tires for the car.
The rest of the day was uneventful compared to our noon hour. :o)  We were home by 4pm, and I took a nap.  I am still not 100%, but I will survive.  Mike was in bed early b/c he had to be back at work at midnight. 
Andrew is still awake packing for his trip to the mountains.  He is going rafting and to see Tim Hawkins in concert with a friend from church.  He always has such a great time with the Tomazins, and I don't have to worry about him while he is away.  They are a wonderful family and I thank God for bringing them into our lives.  They are truly servants of God.
Well, I am off to get something to drink.  I am "parched" as JJ likes to say.  And just in case you were wondering... school didn't happen today.  When my hubby calls, I have to go running... cuz he's my MAN!!!! :o)  hehehe Love ya bunches!
Photobucket

No comments: