Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Not the way I had planned my week...

It seems everytime I plan to get major things accomplished around here, something happens that completely ruin my plans.  I worked a little yesterday afternoon in the schoolroom.... moving things around, moving things out, etc.  Then my dear sweet hubby brought home our new puppy.  He is actually not new... he is a 10 month old black lab.  He is WAY bigger than I was thinking he would be.  He has been fixed, so that is one good thing he has going for him.  He also has a chip in him if he were ever to get lost.  Now, it is driving me nuts b/c Mike is letting him stay IN THE HOUSE!!!  I can't handle it.  I'm not an animal in the house kinda person... especially one that is the size of a pony.  I don't like the hair they shed, the smell, the chewing, etc.  I am trying to be patient and let it play out as long as I can, but I might just have to be the bad parent.  He is house trained, so I don't have to worry about those accidents.  But who wants a big dog in their house?!  NOT ME!!! 
Mike left for work this morning at 2:30am.  We both mentioned that our throats were hurting.  Mine was more raw/burning like I had sinus drainage.  At 8:30am, Mike was calling to say he was on his way home with a 103 temp.  He went to see the company doctor.  One ear is pink, the other is extremely red.  His temp has been up and down all day.  So much so that I have set the alarm on my phone to go off every 3 hours to give him meds.  I don't like it when he is sick.  Laura and I have had low grade temps all day.  I would have loved to stay in bed all day, but that won't happen.  I will just take some meds and deal with it.  Hopefully it will pass soon.  Needless to say, I didn't get anything accomplished today.  Oh well, there is always tomorrow!
I pray this finds all well!  Love ya bunches!
Photobucket

No comments: