Monday, July 5, 2010

Our July 4th weekend

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: July 3, 2010
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free scrapbook
Saturday afternoon, we got out the kids' Slip & Slide and let them play for a while.  What fun to watch Andrew and Laura teaching the little ones how to slide on it.  I didn't take my camera outside b/c I was afraid it would get wet in all the excitement.  Saturday evening, we went to Mill Creek in the 'Boro to watch the fireworks.  This will be the last year that we have a great parking place.  Thanks Mr. Jimmy and Mrs. Donna for letting us park there for several years!  My baby sister Sarah went with us, and she was quite entertaining... as usual.
Sunday morning we went to church.  What a wonderful message we heard.  We came home to rest.  Mike had to be at work at 6pm.  I decided it would be a good idea to let the kids get in their pool to help them relax.  Sarah came over right after I decided to get in the pool with the little ones and she joined us.  It was a full pool, but we had a good time.  We played for about an hour, then it was naptime.  YAY!!!  Sarah, Andrew, and Laura started watching Avatar.  I caught bits and pieces of it between getting the little ones to sleep & doing laundry.  After naps, we got ready to go to Savannah for another night of fireworks.  We even surprised Mike with supper from Arbys. :o)  By the time we got home I was exhausted.... but no rest for me.  I had to stay awake to keep Andrew and Laura motivated to get packed for Mission Possible.
This morning, Mike called around 7am to wake me up.  Andrew and Laura finished packing their last minute stuff, then it was time to take them to the church.  They will be staying there until Friday afternoon for Mission Possible.  I know they are doing yardwork today for shut-ins, etc.  I have no clue what the rest of their week includes.  Thank you God for using Your youth at Rehoboth to show Your love to our community.
Time to get the little ones down for a nap.  Enjoy the pics!  Love ya bunches!
Photobucket

No comments: