Thursday, July 8, 2010

Just some rambling from a tired mama...

This summer has been very draining for me.  I'm not quite sure why, but I am completely exhausted.... physically and mentally.  Since the first full week of June, Andrew and Laura have been gone from home every other week.  I miss them terribly when they are gone.  No, it isn't for the reason you are probably thinking.  Yes, they do help me out around here tremendously with the little ones.  But, the reason I miss them so much is b/c I miss talking to them.  I miss having someone to bounce ideas off of while Mike is at work.  I do miss their help.  It is kinda hard to get to the mailbox or take the trash to the end of our driveway when Luke is awake.  He is too quick to let him walk along with me.  I prefer to NOT go for a swim in the pond to drag him out.  Plus, he had his eyes dialated Tuesday, and the doctor said his eyes would be sensitive to the light for a day or two longer. 
I had such high hopes for getting some things accomplished this summer.  I wanted to organize, organize, organize.  I wanted to get rid of a lot of clutter.  Now, I did accomplish going through the baby girl clothes up to 2 or 3T.  And I did go through some of the newborn baby boy stuff.  I have gotten rid of some things around here, but nothing like what I had hoped.  I still have a few weeks before we start school, and I pray that God will allow me to have that time to focus on the house and our upcoming school year.  I think Andrew and Laura will be home the rest of the summer, so I will have them to help wrangle the kiddos. 
I have so much on my mind that it just bogs me down.  I know I need to give it to God and ask for His will to be done.  He tells us to not worry for anything, but my human nature worries and stresses over things I have little to no control over.  I have several things that I need your prayers on.  I am praying for God's guidance and peace. 
Sorry this wasn't a fun post, but it is an honest post.  Hope you have a blessed day!  Love ya bunches!
Photobucket

No comments: