Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's only Thursday?!

It is almost 11pm, and Emily and Rebekah are still awake! grrrrrr! Bekah is fighting sleep, b/c her fingers are taped and she can't suck them. Emily is up now giving me a tube of lip gloss b/c Bekah. The last trip in here was to give me a hug and kiss goodnight for the 4th or 5th time. The time before that was to tell me she had to go to the bathroom. Bekah is now trying to kick Emi off the bed. I need a cup of coffee!
Mike was suppose to be home tonight, but they called him into work. So, he will be working 4pm to 4am for the next 4 nights. By Monday morning, I may be sending him to stay a couple days w/ Lissa. :-) He will be as ill as a hornet. Those days are the worst w/ the kids. They know he is in the bedroom, and he is going to be off work for a few days. The little ones want him up to play. That is what he gets for being the "fun one." :-) We will probably need to leave home for a few hours so he can get some much needed and well deserved rest.
I took food to a friend's family today. Andrew and JJ went with me. While we were in Collins, we stopped in to check on Grandma Laura. She asked Andrew if he would change the bulbs in her front porch light fixture. Of course, he did. Then it was off to get a haircut in Claxton. I was nice to JJ and took him to eat at McDonalds. I was his favorite for a few hours... until we got back home where Daddy was. JJ told Marie to cut Andrew's hair like Woody Woodpecker. Then he had to tell everyone that his daddy bought him a Woody Woodpecker movie at "Crackel Barrel." The kids gets his love for Cracker Barrel from Granny.
I came home from town to find Mike and Laura baking Focaccia bread. Don't ask me how to pronounce it, just trust me that it is good. Mike had eaten some on a Greek ship that was docked at Colonial. He found the recipe one day in one of my Family Fun magazines. We get treated to the bread occassionally. Before he could get it finished, he got called into work. I had to help Laura w/ the last few steps. Out of two loaves, there is about 1/3 of a loaf left. I thought I was going to have to hide it from the kids. My daddy came over after work, and he tried it. He really liked it.
I had planned to go get JJ some new shoes tonight... just me, him, and Daddy. My plans were washed out when Mike got the call. I like Mike going with me occassionally on these shopping trips just for him to see what things are costing these days.
Well, my hubby is on the phone. He is coming home early. YAY! Love ya bunches!

Charity sig2

No comments: