Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Is it bedtime yet?!

I'm am completely wiped out. I really didn't do much this afternoon. As a matter of fact, I took a short nap on the couch while Luke napped. Emi, JJ, and Bekah played in their rooms. My phone did ring a few times and I didn't answer it. I wanted some quiet time. Sorry if I didn't answer your call. I got all of our trash together and took the big trash can to the end of the drive like a good mommy. Andrew reminded me yesterday morning before he left. Trash duty is his job.
I checked the StudentLife website to see if I could see pics of my two campers, but I didn't see them. I was able to send them an email though. I thought they might like getting a message from home. Bekah says that Andrew is "spending night w/ June." JJ calls Gene Mushrush, June.
I pulled out a storage box of big building blocks this evening. I thought some different toys would entertain the kids, and it worked! Emi and JJ are playing nicely. Luke has found an empty file folder that I'm sure will be destroyed by the time he is finished w/ it. Bekah is playing on Emi's computer. I'm not sure Emi is aware of what Bekah is doing.
I think I'm going to start baths VERY soon. I need to take something for my headache. Mike has only two more nights this week, after tonight. But by then, Andrew and Laura will be home from camp. Thank you for the offer to keep the kids, Julie. But like Lissa said, I just do it myself. My dear hubby goes to work when he isn't feeling well, so I need to suck it up and deal w/ my own responsibilities. Having such a large family is a huge responsibility, and it was a decision I made. I don't feel right asking anyone for help, so I just plug along in my daily duties. I do appreciate the offers though. Just say a prayer for me. I will survive. What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger.

2 comments:

Julie_3 said...

So if I just show up with Oreos... you would send me away with no kiddos? I do know that Becca & JJ will eat Oreos after this past Saturday.

I know your not good at letting others help, but I am praying for you and your headaches. I do mean it though, I will so be there in a minute if you call me. Ok, just in case and law enforcement officer might be reading, it would probably take me 15 minutes. *giggles*

Hope you have a good nights rest and feel way better tomorrow!!

*hugz*

Goin_Coastal said...

You are Wonder Woman, but please remember, Mike can't do it without you. So, you MUST take care of yourself, too. Asking for help isn't weakness, it's letting others enjoy your wonderful children.