Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What day is it?!

This is day two of Andrew and Laura being gone to camp, and Mike having to work night shift (4pm to 4am). It is just me and the little ones hanging around. Things wouldn't be bad if I didn't have this little nagging headache. I know there is a migraine close, but I am just praying that it will hit after the older kids get back or Mike gets off night shift. I didn't get much sleep Sunday night b/c I was trying to get everything packed for Andrew and Laura. They left yesterday at 6am. I haven't heard from them, but I know they are having a great time. I know that if anything happens one of the adults will call me, so I don't freak out about the fact that they haven't called. They need to have some fun, and I know it is in a Christian atmosphere.
The little ones and I stayed around the house most of yesterday. I tried to catch a few naps on the couch while Luke napped, but they weren't good naps for me. Bekah did decide to take a late nap, and I wasn't going to argue. She was being a little rattlesnake. After she woke up, we got dressed to go to Papa Harold and Grandma Jean's house. Papa's legs are still bothering him, so we went to water their garden and pick the squash and cucumbers. It was miserably hot when we got there, but soon became overcast. A breeze started blowing, making it just too nice to not let the kids continue playing outside. I sprayed them all down w/ insect repellant and let them play until about 8:30pm. Yes, that meant a very late supper, but I had leftover spaghetti in the fridge to make as a quick meal. They were in bed around 10pm.... after supper, baths, and reading a book. Luke went down w/o a fight. Emi, JJ, and Bekah were another story. I think Bekah finally stopped playing in bed around 11pm. She didn't get out of bed, but I could hear her talking to a doll. As soon as I was sure they were all asleep, I took something for a headache and crashed on the couch.
This morning, I heard my bedroom door sofly opening and closing repeatedly. It was Bekah! While everyone else was sleeping, we slipped outside to get the sprinkler hooked up to watered the garden. She was standing a little too close to the sprinkler when I turned it on, and her hair got wet. She kept telling me that over and over. We watered the tomatoes and bellpeppers we have growing in buckets next to the house. I can't wait until they are ready. Bekah played w/ the kittens for a few minutes. JJ was awake by the time we came back inside.
I checked Aunt Lissa's blog while JJ was standing next to me. Of course, he noticed Matt Matt right away. Then he saw the dog. He asked where Matt Matt got his puppy. When I told him I didn't know, he said, "I think he got him from Africa." So, Matt Matt has an African dog. LOL Where does he come up w/ this stuff?!
I'm off to wash some towels and dishes. Have a blessed day. Love ya bunches!


Julie_3 said...

Wow, girl you are busy!! d I thought I had a fun start. Hope your head gets to feeling better, call me if you need me! I mean it..... I have a pool and I am not afraid to get your kids wet in order to give you some peace and quiet!

mhsands said...

Yeah right! I have been trying for years to get those young'ins... no luck dearie!