Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gonna be a day....

I'm sitting here at the dining room table surrounded by coupons.  Emi is sitting at the other end of the table doing some handwriting.  Are you wondering where JJ is at this moment?!  He is stretched out on the couch watching some television.... with a 102.6 temp. 

Ahhhh, the joys of spring!  With the warmer weather and everything blooming comes seasonal allergies.  They really do a number on JJ!  We were outside all afternoon Friday planting the garden.  Then we had an outside birthday party to attend Saturday afternoon.  Andrew had a softball game that night and you know we were there cheering him on.  All that outside time means the allergies are working overtime.  Jonathan woke up Sunday morning with a temp and his poor little nose was terrible.  Lukey had a bad case of the sniffles.  I stayed home from church, and my sweet hubby went to church with the others.  I missed Emi, JJ, and Bekah's Easter program. :o(  But I knew I couldn't put the two little boys in the nursery being sick.  Yes, I am one of those mommies that if my child has a yuck nose, I keep them away from other kids outside the family.  I don't want another mommy having all this "fun".

On a lighter note, if you know our family, you know how SHY Bekah can be.  Well, I am happy to report that she has started going to Cubbies (part of the AWANA program) on Wednesday nights at church.  She also participated in the Easter program in front of the church!!!  This is a HUGE step for her.  She is finally coming out of her shell.  Thank you Lord for working that out!

Our garden is planted.  I didn't think we were ever going to find the time to get it planted.  We have watermelons, cantaloupe, cucumbers, green beans, radishes, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, and bell peppers.  I'm praying we will get some rain soon.  I have been watering the garden, but rain always does it so much better.  We will be planting more of the same in a few weeks, so it will last all summer.  I do love fresh veggies, but I'm not looking forward to the weeding. 

Okay, it is time for me to get busy with these coupons.  I want to do a little shopping this week, if everyone starts feeling better.  I also have to get the booklets ready for my couponing class next Saturday.  Love ya bunches!
fall_sig

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I plant almost the same garden but it is a bit chilly here so I have to wait a bit. We are also fighting colds and allergies so I can totally understand. God bless.