Friday, July 30, 2010

Where did our summer go?!

I can't believe that July is almost over.  I'm not even sure where it went.  I know why June went by so quickly... because we were super busy with M-Fuge, iKamp, and Mission Possible.  Then I was hoping that July would drag along, so we could relax.  That did NOT happen.  We were busier than ever, and I can't tell you anything extra special that we done. 
I did post pictures earlier in the week of Emi getting "baptist."  I am sooo excited about the decision she made while at iKamp.  I think that must be the highlight of my summer.  After baptism, we ended up getting pizza and eating it at Papa & Grandma's house.  We even fired up their outdoor chimney to roast marshmallows.  Good gried it was HOT!  There was no breeze blowing which only made it worse, but we had a great time.
We haven't ventured out too much this week.  It is just too stinking hot to do anything.  Mike is working nights, so he sleeps most of the day away.  I can't say that I blame him.  Wednesday night, we did go to Family Night at church.  The little ones played on the waterslide. 
Last night, Laura and I went to Savannah, for a couponing class.  I have been reading Michelle Rubrecht's Savvy Shopper article in the Savannah Morning News each Sunday since it started in May.  I had mentioned to Mike that I thought it would be fun to go to one of her classes.  He gave his blessing for me to go, so I signed Laura and myself up.  It was so cool to see the things she had gotten for free or nearly nothing.  She also taught us some of her tricks.  I do so love a bargain.  It is kinda exciting to see just how much I can save in one trip.  For example, I went to Kroger last Friday.  I sent a little over $82 and saved a little over $86 on 88 items- 2pk 12 double roll Cottonelle toilet paper, 10 cans of Spaghetti Os, 10 32oz Gatorades, 10 6.4 oz Crest Toothpaste, 10 Pillsbury toaster strudels, 6 cucumbers, 2 bags of Doritos, 28 Lady Speedstick deodorant (yes, you read that right... it was 88cents),  and 10 Rice-A-Roni.  Wooohoooo!!!! 
I went to visit a friend this morning who had hip replacement surgery on Wednesday.  Mrs. Dorothy looked wonderful.  She was up out of bed w/ her makeup on.  She had already walked all the way down for physical therapy.  Thank you Lord for healing.
Well, I am off to make tacos for supper.  Love ya bunches!   
Photobucket

No comments: