Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Okay, okay...

so I have completely dropped the ball on my blog lately.  I just haven't felt like posting much lately.  I'm still not over the vacation or the time change.  I'm trying to get things back into a routine, but life keeps happening.  I feel anxious about something and can't put my finger on it.  I told Mike before we left on vacation that I just had a bad feeling about something and I still don't know what it is.  It is driving me crazy trying to figure out what it is.  I know I should just turn it over to God and let Him take care of it as only He can, but you know me and my human nature... I want to take care of it myself!  If you haven't noticed, it drives me crazy when I can't control things around me.
The littles ones are still dealing with allergies.  I did let them go outside earlier to play in the water.  I will probably regret that later when they can't breathe, but they needed some outside time.  And I needed them to have that time.  They were so cute running around their "crazy daisy" sprinkler.  I think Andrew and Laura enjoyed doing their schoolwork in peace. :o)
Speaking of Andrew and Laura, they are two very excited teens.  We bought them both cellphones last week.  We knew we were going to be getting Andrew one b/c he will be 16 in just a few short months.  I didn't want him out and about without a way to call home.  We have also talked about turning off our land line.  With that decision pending, we knew if Mike, Andrew, and I gone away from home, Laura would be left with no way to call  if she needed us.... so we got her a phone.  Mike is driving us crazy with texting.  He will wait until we are in the middle of cooking, dishes, schoolwork, eating, etc. and sends us a text to say, "he has his eye on us" or "whatcha doing?"  Silly thing!  Looks like I'm gonna have to restrict his phone priviledges (sp?).  :o)
Just a few Jacob-isms that I wanted to share before I forgot them.  Can't remember if I shared them yet, and I'm not taking the time to look back, so here they are!  While traveling between Iowa and Pennsylvania, Emily asked Mike, "Daddy, can we have a vacation like this every vacation?!"  Mike's reply was "No, y'all have been bad from day one."  Jacob piped up, "What about day two?!"  Gotta love him!  Also, Jacob has started saying "Hey Daddy/Mommy!  Is this as fast as this baby will go?!" anytime we speed up in the van.  Okay, Mike needs no encouragement in speeding, but it makes his day when JJ yells that from the back of the van.  Mike is all too happy to show JJ that it can go just a little faster. 
Well, I'm off to figure out how I'm going to cook chicken tonight.  Love ya bunches!
Photobucket

No comments: