Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Procrastinating...

I'm the queen of it!  Believe me, I'm not bragging.  It drives me nuts, but I keep on doing it.  I have so many things I want to get done, but I say, "Oh, I will catch it later."  Only later becomes MUCH later.  The little boys' room probably needs only one more coat of paint, then my sweet hubby and son could put up the molding.  But... I keep putting it off.  I want the bunkbed pieces out of my schoolroom, but that can't be done until the room is painted and molding put up.  Yes, I'm still SLOWLY working on the room... at a very SLOW snail pace. 
I need to paint the kids' bathroom and Laura's bedroom.  The little girls' bedroom needs the painting finished.  I guess I keep waiting for the painting fairy to do it, but she is missing... along w/ the kitchen fairy and laundry fairy.  If we ever build a house or buy a house, I will hire that job out! 
I need to go through Jonathan's clothes and pack up all the clothes he can't wear anymore.  I grumble each time I put away his clothes, b/c his drawers are full.  It would only take a few minutes to look through each drawer, but I still put it off for another day.
I need to make out a weekly menu.  It would help out with the "what are we going to eat tonight" debate.  It would also make my grocery shopping much easier if I knew exactly what I needed for each meal. 
As I'm typing this, I'm thinking that I really need to be in the laundry room washing some clothes before Mt. Washmore gets out of control.  Mike is having surgery tomorrow to have a kidney stone removed, so I will be gone most of the day.  Missing one day of laundry makes the task depressing.
I pray that God will guide me in overcoming this fault of mine.  I'm not the organized person that everyone thinks I am... far from it.  Yes, I can keep some things straight, but other areas of my life are complete chaos that causing a lot of needless frustration.  It is preventable... all I have to do is get my behiney busy.  My goal isn't to become a neat freak, but I do need to get the chaos of my life under control.  My life needs balance... starting with my spiritual side.  There is no balance if that part of my life is out of control.  Pray for me... I'm struggling.  It has been a tough year, and I'm trying to fight my way back to where I need to be in my walk with God. 
Well, off to do those few dishes in the sink before I talk myself into waiting until "later."  Love ya bunches!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Julie_3 said...

Hey Chicky... have not talked to you since last week and I was hoping all was going well with him passing those on his own. :o(
Did you find the info in the book that I had suggested? I hope he starts to have a better time of it than he has had thus far.
I will be praying for you dear, I am sure everything can pile up fairly quickly around your place... I know it does at ours and we have half the kiddos that you guys have!