Thursday, October 22, 2009

What a day!

It has been a good day, but an emotional day.  I started the day by posting a nice little picture of Andrew in Bekah's pink princess robe on Facebook.  He had been tormenting me and Laura, so I thought a little payback was due for his birthday.  I love it!  He wasn't as excited about it as Laura and I were.  Mike woke him up at 2:30am to wish him a happy birthday before he headed off to work.  Andrew doesn't remember it.  Laura and I worked on the slideshow to the blog.  Talk about the tears flowing! 

The older three were playing a game of Monopoly before lunch.  Emily ran to her room.  When she came back to the table, she got in the chair next to Andrew and handed him $2 and said, "Happy Birthday Andrew!"  Andrew didn't want to take the money, but she insisted that it was his birthday present from her.  He told her thank you as she was climbing down.  Then her comment was, "I'm so sweet!  I'm such a good sister."  What a stinker!  I'm not sure if that was a Sarah or a Lissa moment... probably a little of both. 
Grandma Jean had a test done on her back yesterday, so she is suppose to be on bed rest until tomorrow.  I told her I would make supper for them tonight.  Andrew wanted ribs and rice & stewed tomatoes.  I let the birthday person pick the evening meal.  I was even nice and made him a pound cake.  He would have much preferred Grandma's choc. cake, but he knew she couldn't make him one today.  But don't think he is going to let her off that easy.  As soon as she has recovered, he will be expecting a cake.  Let me tell you, I am STUFFED.  It has been hours since we have finished eating, and I'm still miserable! 

Well, I'm off to put some clothes in the dryer.  Love ya bunches!



mhsands said...

I called that turkey 2 or 3 times and no answer... tell him I didn't forget!

Mom of the Hillians said...

We ate at Papa & Grandma's last night, since I had cooked for them. I told him that you had called and would talk to him later. He knows you didn't forget him. We were at Grandma's for about 2 hours before I realized my phone had locked up. Had to take the battery out to reset it. What a pain!