Thursday, August 6, 2009

Midweek update

Yesterday was a somewhat productive day. I was dragging b/c of no sleep, but I didn't let that stop me from getting a few things done. I actually cleaned the ceiling and walls in the livingroom. Goodness gracious! They had a winter coat on them, as much as I'm ashamed to admit that. Come on though, I have 6 kids! Like I have time to wipe down the walls and ceilings on a regular basis. Anyhoo, Andrew and Laura worked yesterday w/ little attitude. As for the littlest Hillians, they played as much as they worked. Mike had a Transformers cartoon sent from Netflix that my little JJ is dying to watch. Looks like he won't be watching it if he doesn't pick up his blocks and cars. I think Emily is wanting to see it too. But unless the babies, dress up clothes, and books get put away (with Bekah's help, of course), she won't be watching it either.
I started reading Created to be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl. Thank you Julie for the suggestion. Talk about getting my toes tap danced on early this morning. It is so hard to change from what the world says a marriage is suppose be into what God says a marriage is to be. God's view isn't the popular view, and it takes more work. Anyhoo, I'm not going to get on my soapbox this morning. I have way too much on my mind.
On a lighter note... can you believe that Princess Bekah hasn't had her little pink tu-tu on in a few days?! To tell you the truth, I have no clue where it is. I will admit that I'm not missing it either. She has ran around the house in a pink fairy dress. Maybe I will have my prissy girl after all. I'm not holding my breath on that one. She is as mean as a rattlesnake. She must get that from the Hill side of the family. :o) Love you, Lissa!
As we are working on re-organizing the school room, the little ones are getting excited about the new school year. Laura fixed our calendar yesterday, as we have not kept up w/ it through the summer. She has the little First Day of School tag on the 17th. Maybe that will help the little ones understand how much longer they have to wait. I need to have Mike put the babygate back up between the dining room and kitchen, so I can keep Mr. Luke confined to one end of the house. I don't think Bekah will be as much work to entertain. I have a few things that she can do, so she feels like she is doing big girl schoolwork too.
Well, I'm off to be a productive member of the family. Emily is already up... playing a Dr. Seuss reading game on her computer. Love ya bunches!
Charity sig2

1 comment:

Julie_3 said...

Charity, I am so glad you like the book already! Yes, my toes have been stomped on with readings from that book, but when applying its message to my heart and home I have found a happy hubby!
I am so glad to see you back up and running on your blog!! Have a blessed day.