Friday, June 26, 2009

It has been a long day...

For whatever reason, I couldn't sleep last night. I think I got about an hour of combined sleep. It 5am, I was awake when Mike's alarm sounded. I was a good wife and got up to make him an egg sandwich for breakfast. Luke woke up while Mike was in the shower, so he got to spend a little time w/ his daddy. He also got to help Daddy eat his egg sandwich and drink his chocolate milk. After Mike left, Lukey's tummy was full and he was ready to go back to sleep. Yay for me. I had planned to just sit in the couch and enjoy my cup of coffee, then get up to wash a few loads of laundry before taking the van to have an oil change and tire rotation in the 'Boro. I fell asleep! At 10am, I woke up. Laura and the little ones (minus Luke) were sitting on the other couch watching a cartoon on PBS. So much for getting to Franklin Chevrolet as soon as they opened. I did manage to get my shower and get out the door by 11am. I didn't leave the dealership until after 1pm. Then off to Walmart to pick up stuff for Emily and JJ's birthday party. I was in Walmart FOREVER! And just as I was ready to leave, it started pouring rain. I had to wait 10 minutes for it to slack up enough to make it to my van w/o looking like a drowned rat.
We went to see Papa Harold and Grandma Jean after I got home. They are leaving in the morning to go along w/ Uncle Marty and Aunt Lisa to Houston, TX. Aunt Lisa is scheduled to have surgery Tuesday. Please keep her in your prayers. This is a very serious surgery. She has a website that will keep you updated.
I'm waiting for these wild ones to go to bed. They are excited about their party. I need them to go to sleep so I can start baking cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies, and Rice Krispy treats (Lissa's request). :) There is no need in starting that project until they are sleeping b/c they think they need to help test everything.... meaning they will be hyped up on sugar and be up even later.
Andrew and Laura are going Baxley next week w/ the youth group to do work at the children's home. Mike is going to be off work until Friday, sooooo we may just slip away to Chattanooga, TN, with the little ones. If we don't find something to do to entertain them, they will drive up crazy asking when Andrew and Laura are coming home. Shhhhh! We haven't mentioned it to any of the kids... big or little. :) It's our little secret. We have the yearly membership to the aquarium, so why not use it. There is also a children's museum just around the corner from the aquarium. There is a Curious George exhibit for a couple months that I think the little ones will love, but would bore the older two to death... so we will check it out when they aren't w/ us.
Enough rambling. I'm off to wash clothes and hopefully start baking. Love ya bunches!

Charity sig2


Julie_3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie_3 said...

Charity, we a had a very similar day. Chris and I decided to take off the trash that I had gone through from our storage house. I stood in the trailer directing, not doing. (My toe is not feeling well today.)
I then made it home and laid across our bed to relax and "poof" I was out like a light. No Dave Ramsey reading for me, I slept for about an hour and a half.
I am finally feeling a little better and it is now after 10pm, why can't my toe feel better earlier in the day?
Hope you get your baking finished and your laundry just magically appears complete in the morning for you!
Love ya

mhsands said...

Hope u r making extras! I'll help u get them out of the van in the morning...