Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Where do I begin?

After not posting for a week, I have no clue where to start. Friday morning, our phone line died. We were without a home phone until yesterday morning. I will try to think of the past week's happenings.JJ informed me one morning that he was not getting married b/c it was boring. When I asked who told him that, he said Uncle Abba told him. For those that don't know, Uncle Abba is my brother Adam. Andrew couldn't say Adam when he started talking, so he called him Abba and the name stuck. I'm sure Aunt Kara will be happy to hear of the "wisdom" that Uncle Abba shared with JJ. LOLThe kids started soccer practice last Tuesday. Andrew, Laura, and Emily are playing. Their games start this Saturday. Andrew and Laura are on the same team, so that works out perfectly. Andrew is coaching Emily's team, so that should be fun. I never thought I would be a "soccer mom."Easter Sunday was EXTREMELY exhausting. We went to church that morning. Then off to have lunch with Mike's family at his brother's house. It was wonderful to see all the extended family. I wish Mike could have been there, but it was his weekend to work. After lunch, it was time to run to an egg hunt w/ Mama's side of the family. I didn't think we were ever going to finish finding the eggs. I think Aunt Kathi had fixed 268 prize eggs... bubbles, rings, bracelets, cars, etc. We had supper w/ Daddy's family that night. I would have loved to have went home and taken a nap, but everyone thinks that we should be able to run from house to house on holidays. That is something Mike and I are going to think about. I can't do it all and make everyone happy, so we're going to have to make a choice as to where we go each holiday. Mike says just tell them all no and stay home to relax. Don't ya just love a man's solution to a problem?! We now have a new member of the family.... Leo the turtle. Leo is short for Leonardo, one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He was floating around the edge of Aunt Debby's pond, soaking up the sun. Aunt Kathi waded in the water to get him for the kids. He is about the size of a half dollar coin. I will have to post pics later.Well, I'm off to do laundry. Maybe this post will actually make it to the blog. I tried posting yesterday, but it disappeared into cyberspace.

No comments: