Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Parents Day 2011- Kindergarten Edition

Yesterday was Parents Day for the Kindergarteners at Collins Elementary.  I didn't tell JJ that Mike and I would be going... I wanted it to be a surprise.  Daddy & Mama kept the little three.  I wish I would have had my camera to take a picture of the smile on JJ's face.  He was so excited to see us.  We got to dine on hot dogs, carrot sticks, french fries, and fruit.  It was nice to be able to put faces with names of all JJ's classmates.  I even found out that I went to school with some of the parents of the kids.  We went outside for a few minutes after lunch.  It was HOT!!!  What happened to Fall?!  Of course Mike had to try it best to embarrass JJ.  He scooped him up like a baby and started kissing him all over his face.  JJ's face was so red when Mike told him he was holding him like a baby in front of all his friends.  I honestly think Mike would do that to Andrew if he could pick him up like that. :o)  We had a wonderful time, and I'm looking forward to having lunch with Emi soon.

Mike and I went back to my parents' house to pick up the littles.  I don't think I have posted it on here, but Daddy spent a little over a week in the hospital last week for staph infection.  They ended up having to remove the big toe from his right foot.  He came home Friday, and I think he is going stir crazy from being shut up in the house.  He was on the couch watching cartoons with the kids.  But he quickly turned it, so he and Mike watch some "manly shows."  They watched the antique show "Pickers" and a shooting show "SharpShooters."  I think those are the names.  Thank you Daddy & Mama for keeping the littles!!

We had a few minutes after we left my parents' house before we had to pick up Emi, JJ, and Ian (my nephew), so we went to Dollar General to pick up a snack for all the kids to eat on the way home from school.  I ran in alone.  Mike said Lukey said this, "I wanted to go in with Mama..... I had a toupon (coupon)."  He is a mess!! 

Time to be productive!  Love ya bunches!
fall_sig

No comments: