Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend in review

The weekend started with a shopping trip to pick up supplies for Bekah's birthday party.  Yes, I know her birthday was the middle of last month, but our crazy schedules prevented up from having a party before now.  Laura, Emily, and I braved the nasty weather.  Emi insisted on going with us, because she needed to buy gifts for Bekah and Makenna (my niece).  Andrew and Jacob also had us buying gifts for Bekah.  How sweet is that?!  My kids do have big hearts.

Saturday morning, I decided to ride with Mike to have his oil changed and tires rotated at Walmart.  I just wasn't up to doing to usual baking for the party.  We bought a cake and cupcakes.  I could have done the baking myself for sooooo much cheaper, but sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do.  We rushed home with enough time to make a few snack foods, then off to the church we went.  We had a great time with the family that was able to attend the party and missed the ones that were sick and couldn't make it.  We love you all and hope you are feeling much better soon.  ALL of the kids went over to my parents' house to feed the fish in the pond and spend some time with Granddaddy/Honey and Granny.  I had a horrible headache, so Mike and I enjoyed the chance to take a nap.  After a much needed nap, Mike watched television and I washed dishes.  Exciting huh?!  Mike offered to take me out to eat, but I didn't want to change out of my pjs.  The kids, minus JJ, came home around 11:30pm.  JJ got to spend the night to enjoy time with Granddaddy and Granny.

Today was a sick day at home.  I had taken something for my headache last night right before the kiddos came home.  It kicked in while I was trying to get Lukey to sleep.  I woke up around 7:30am... still in bed with Lukey.  I can't believe I didn't wake up once during the night.  My head was still feeling fuzzy, so I got in my own bed.  Mike had my side of the bed so warm.  How sweet of him!! hehehe  Mike wasn't feeling the best either.  He has been fighting a cold all week, and I think he is getting close to the end of it.  Andrew & Laura have been gone most of the day.  They helped out with Upward soccer evaluations at church this afternoon, then went to the youth group's Super Bowl party after church tonight.

Speaking of the Super Bowl....... I won!!!!!  And that is all I'm going to say about that!  Hehehehehe!!! 

Now it is time for me to get to bed.  I have a lot to do tomorrow... normal routine plus getting ready for a couponing class I will be teaching Tuesday night.  Love ya bunches!


No comments: