Monday, September 6, 2010

I can't do this alone...

I have been giving this a lot of thought lately AGAIN.  I am one of those people that likes to control the happenings around me.  I would rather just take care of something myself than to ask for someone else's help.  Just the size of my family would be enough to make many people break out in hives.  I hear the question all the time, "How do you do it with so many?  I can't handle my one... two.. three, etc."  The answer is, I can't!  I can't do this alone.  When I try to take on my day in my own strength, I start feeling overwhelmed and scared.  Now I would like to say that those days are few and far between, but they aren't.  It is so easy to hop out of bed and start the day without reading my Bible and praying.  I am so guilty for thinking I need those last few minutes of sleep instead of getting up an hour earlier to read my Bible and pray.  But think of how much better my day could be if I covered it with prayer before it really had a chance to begin.  I know it woudn't be perfect, but my whole outlook is different when I hand the day over to God and ask Him to lead my steps. 
If I were to dwell on the amount of money it takes to feed our family, I would feel like I were drowning.  But our God is faithful!  Each time an item starts running low in the freezer, pantry, or refrigerator, along comes an amazing sale for that item.  Now some of you may be sick of seeing all of the good deals we have gotten on our cleaners and toiletries, but I love sharing it.  I love showing how God makes our money stretch.  God has placed two couponing classes in my path and worked out my schedule for me to be able to take both.  I have learned a lot about getting the most out of the coupons.  I am also able to use those coupons to stock our Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes.
I pray that each of us will stop depending on our own strength to live each day.  May we all lean on God's always faithful arms and feel His guidance in our lives.  Love ya bunches! 
Photobucket

1 comment:

mhsands said...

Well said my dear SIL!